COVID-19 Update – Reopening Implementation Plan
Laurel Square Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center’s Reopening Implementation Plan meets implementation guidelines established by the Pennsylvania Department of Health for skilled nursing facilities. The plan was developed with guidance from City, State, and Federal agencies and it meets Pennsylvania Department of Health requirements for skilled nursing facilities to allow visitors into the care center, the return to limited communal dining, and modified group activities.
Pennsylvania guidelines allow visitation if a skilled nursing facility has gone 14 days without a new coronavirus case among staff or residents. This is in effect while the facility is in the state’s green or yellow reopening phase. If there is a new case detected, the facility will have to suspend visitation until it meets this requirement again. The current protocols for daily screening of staff, residents and any visitors will remain in place.
There is specific visitation information, such as how to schedule during designated times, and other visitations steps that must be taken to provide for a safe visit. The Reopening Implementation Plan includes all contact information and scheduling details.
During your visit, you will be required to:
- Wear a face covering or facemask
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after the visit
- Stay in the designated facility location
- Follow social distancing protocols, including no hugging, handholding, etc.
- Sign in and provide your contact information and sign out before leaving
- Follow screening protocols that include checking for fever and symptoms of COVID-19 and answering questions about possible exposure
The facility will maintain all precautionary measures to ensure the safety of residents and staff at all times. This includes but is not limited to:
- Designating a specific entrance and route for all visitors
- Ensuring the visitation areas can provide a clearly defined six-foot distance between the resident and visitors
- Following the resident to visitor ratio established for the facility at all times
- Utilizing disinfectant to wipe down visitation areas between visits
- Determining residents who can safely accept visitors
COVID-19 Protecting Residents & Staff During This Challenging Time:
Laurel Square Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center follows all guidelines as directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as well as our local and state health departments. We continue to adhere to the latest advisories with our top priority remaining as always to ensure the health, safety and well-being of all residents and staff at Laurel Square Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center. We have implemented precautionary measures to ensure appropriate care is delivered to our residents in a safe, sanitary environment, including:
- All deliveries are carefully accepted at designated areas only.
- Limited communal dining and group activities.
- All staff and visiting health care professionals wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing direct care as well as during all other duties throughout the work day.
- Screening of all staff and other health care professionals for COVID-19 symptoms, including taking temperatures, prior to the start of their shifts or before entering the facility.
- Assessing all residents according to COVID-19 based care guidelines for physicians and nursing personnel.
- Daily aggressive cleaning procedures that include regular disinfection of all surfaces and common touch points.
The facility will continue to work with state, local and federal agencies and provide any additional updates to residents and their family members. For additional information regarding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), please view the CDC’s website – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html